I’ve missed my listings and truth be told having these lists helps keep me mindful and focused on my year and living it beyond the monotony that can sometimes creep in on the day to day. Hoping to update it weekly as I cross off items on the list. Excited for a new year and new goals to look forward to! What are your goals and resolutions for the year? Please do share if only to motivate me so I can tell myself I’m not crazy for goal-ing as I do. [or well, you can tell my I’m crazy too].
1. 365 Project. Again. Last time I focused too much on perfection, this time I’m focusing on capturing moments and achieving my intended goal of mindfulness.
. See the ocean. Indeed. We took a cruise. Twas ocean ocean everywhere.
3. See the mountains.
4. Lose fifteen pounds. I actually lost 24 pounds to be exact, but now, post-preggo its time to get back on the wagon again. Yay. [Sigh].
5. Run a 5K.
6. Then a half-marathon
7. Read 50 books. Thirty three books. Was fun trying to reach this one.
8. Get a pedicure. 9. Learn to make Roti
10. Use cash for all purchases for two weeks.
11. Buy a house. 12. And leave no box unpacked. 13. Donate stuff. 14. Quit the nail biting habit A twenty three year habit finally hopefully curbed
15. And get a manicure
16. Get an eye exam updated here 17. And order contacts updated here 18. Get a physical updated here 19. Find a reliable, trustworthy babysitter updated here 20. Use said reliable, trustworthy babysitter. updated here 21. Don’t turn to mobile device during times with family, friends, etc. 22. Find a cute pair of black shoes 23. See a movie in theater. 24. Buy a cool display shelf for Waleed’s books 25. And fill it with classics 26. Complete the edits for my novel 27. Write in my moleskine every day [give or take five days]
28. Go sugar-free for one month
29. Take a vacation
30. Play air hockey
31. Make one of my detailed ‘desi’ drawings on white canvas
32. Try a new local restaurant/eaterie updated here 33. Find a new local park updated here 34. Have a picnic 35. Learn a new chocolaty dessert Took five hours but my was K’s bday cake YUM
36.Keep the cell phone away from the bed and don’t use it before sleeping for one month.
37. Do a beachfront condo/house rental: Was a hotel but it was beachfront which was the intent.
38. String lights up for Eid
39. Get Waleed a hair cut 40. And a new nose ring
41. Get updated sneakers
42. Lie down on a blanket on the grass and watch the stars
43. Find a new TV series [already out on Netflix] to enjoy.
44.Try 12 new recipes.
45. Take 25 great shots on my SLR camera
46. Frame two.
47. Buy a good bag for my SLR camera 48. Go to my local farmer’s market.
49. Look into a community-bulk-local-produce-buying-thingie.
50. Make an Urdu English alphabet book for Waleed
51. Start updating my 101 Things To Do With My Child
52. And create the 101 Things I Did With You scrapbook
53-59. Read Harry Potter 1-7 through and through
60. Grow a plant and not kill it.
61. Create a recipe book
62. Celebrate Halloween with the babe
63. See a live show, play, fine art performance
64. Call Madiha
65. Remove facebook from my smartphone. updated here
66. Remove my notifications from my smartphone for at least one month.
67. Unplug completely from the internet for one complete weekend
68. Make and bake and take homemade cookies to a friend’s house
69. Buy Waleed Crocs 70. Bake cookies from scratch for someone updated here
71. Find a new go-to sushi spot in town
72. Have a great sheesha hangout with friends 73. Play poker
74. Whiten my teeth
75. And get a cleaning. updated here
76. Create a skin, bath routine for downtime and relaxation
77. Meditate daily for one week.
78. Do yoga regularly for a month. In a class.
79. Read a book. In Urdu.
80. Cook ahead of time for the week, just once. To see how it goes.
81. Have a proper Thanksgiving meal. Even if its not on Thanksgiving.
82. Watch five Oscar nominated films.
83. Write six love letters- what a fabulous idea.
84. Get a haircut.
85. Get a professional massage
86. See a live sporting event.
87. Share four homemade recipes on my blog.
88. Try a meal from a country I’ve never tried before.
89. Spend one weekend on a self-imposed writerly retreat writing, writing, and well, writing.
90. Draft my next novel, even if it kills me.
91. Read every unread book I’ve purchased.
92. Visit a Museum 93. Go to the botanical gardens 94. Review five places on yelp 95. Buy an Adele CD updated here
96. Update my Amazon wish list
97. Make five physical picture albums
98. Do five random acts of kindness for strangers like pay the toll of the person behind me, etc.
99. Do five random acts of kindness for people I love.
100. Venture into matchmaking territory again, at least once. updated here 101. Get a library card for my new county 102. Change my tags to my new county
103. Subscribe to a really cool magazine [suggestions?]
104. Read the magazine.
105. Buy a cute brewing teapot
106. Buy 100% organic, fair trade [when possible] food for one month.
107. Do a water based boating, rafting, tubing event. Well a cruise is a boat?
108. Eat Godiva
109. Order back up glasses
110. Do NaNoWriMo
111. Rewatch a TV series of choice that I’ve loved and missed like Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, etc.
112. Update this list weekly.