1. Who you can turn to and lean on. Not always who you expect.
2. Who you cant turn to or lean on. Not always who you expect, but at least now you know. This too is beneficial.
3. Your strength. Sometimes you think you would fall apart under tough circumstances, but when you go to hell and back and still manage to stand, you find a new form of self respect.
4. Your fragility. We fly to the moon and create tankers that plough through streets, yet at our essence we’re as fragile and delicate as puff pastry. The fact that we get up, and get out there despite this inherent fragility is the truest miracle of God.
5. Empathy. Hardship opens your eyes to the pain of others, even those whose pain is unrelated to your own.
If you’re concerned by this post, I appreciate it so much. I’m fine. Just hit a rough patch which is why I was MIA, but I’m gathering myself up and learning to walk again. Sorry to be so vague, but I will be okay. I wanted to share this list because even in a tough moment, there are things I have learned. That does not make the hard time worthwhile, but at least you can take something away from it. Hope you’re all well.