1. Dealing with an adolescent like computer which no longer has volume and decides just as I’m about to “send” “post” or “upload” to go bye bye.
2. Purchasing an external hard drive for said bratty computer to transfer files and reformat my computer.
3. Discovering that aforementioned bratty computer must have gotten advice from the mafia on being thug and has now in its insolent manner frightened the external hard drive into refusing to transfer all my files which I actually really need.
4. Attending bar review courses and studying the material from said courses in overcrowded Starbucks which I despise because the coffee is lacking and the tables are tiny and the space is limited but am forced to do because its the only place near campus where I can consume beverages without hiding them in an overcoat.
5. Deep cleaning various areas of the house in a very inefficient manner since it seems each room takes approximately 6-8 hours to get through and though my bathroom and linen closet are sparkly clean, the rest of the house still looks like Hurricane Loopy left just minutes ago. And why won’t my bathtub floor look sparkly white? Its quite frustrating and why I spent approximately 3.5 hours focused solely on that: bleach, scrubbing bubbles, Ajax, you name it- zip!
6. Laying lawn fabric on the flower bed so we don’t have to play “battle of the weeds IV” (Weeds? undefeated champions) and then having the bright idea to lay mulch instead of pine straw on the bed and completely underestimating the amount needed resulting in three trips to home depot and said flower bed still only 1/4 complete.
7. Going out of town every weekend to visit family, play with admittedly cute nephews, and attend weddings which while enjoyable interfere with situations #4 and #5.
8. Making to do lists and planning to make to do lists which I hope will organize all the things to do which are so many and so onerous that I have yet to make the actual list. However when said list does finalize, I intend to list all things already done because isn’t half the point of a to do list to cross it out and feel as though, that though you didn’t get to all of your list, you did at least cross out: brush teeth, wash face, change PJs which means you certainly didn’t spend the day doing nothing, certaily not.
9. Listening to Ray LaMontagne every chance I get while driving, cleaning, or passed out on the couch. He rocks!
10. Making grand plans to sit down and blog with various topics in mind but when finally sitting down with bratty computer who has joined in alliance with my weeds, dishwasher, and Norm, to taunt me relentlessly, results in me giving up before I begin because I’m afraid all words will never see the light of monitor. Part of me is considering leaving blogging all together.. perhaps on this three year anniversary my computer is telling me that the time to end has come.. all things must come to an end after all…. but despite that part of me, there is another part that wants to wait just a little while longer. We’ll see…